A Culture of Compliance
Are you curious about the steps you can take to create a positive culture of compliance within your organization? Are you looking for tips on how to create incentive programs, overcome bad habits, and eliminate negative behavior? Are you interested in learning about ways to communicate risk in order to change the direction of your management? This webinar will provide an overview of the ways in which you can create and implement a culture of compliance in your organization as a Chief Compliance Officer.
What is the Role of the Chief Compliance Officer?
As a Chief Compliance Officer, you should…
- Maintain the authority to lead a compliance program independent from business units
- Have strong leadership and communication skills
- Be qualified and experienced
- Administer the Compliance Management System (CMS)
- Understand the requirements associated with the role
- Identify and educate yourself on associated business risks
- Ask the Board of Directors/Executive Management for their support
- Involve management in the risk assessment process
What Makes an Effective Chief Compliance Officer?
We believe that there are three key components of being an effective leader, including the following:
- Vision: In order to drive change, you must have an idea of where you want to go. How can you inspire and lead others into this culture of change?
- Communication: In order to drive change, you must effectively communicate. How can you deliver clear expectations to your employees?
- Strategy: In order to drive change, it is imperative that a Chief Compliance officer should have a strategy or plan for continuous improvement. How is management demonstrating support of compliance? How are your continuing to create a positive culture of compliance?
Ultimately, the Chief Compliance Officer position is multifaceted; they are typically problem solvers, leaders, and bridge builders. By combining their leadership responsibilities with the leadership of other management personnel, management will act as a collective front to emphasize the importance of compliance throughout all areas of the organization.
To learn more about how you can create a culture of compliance for your organization, download the full webinar. For more information, contact us today.